September 30, 2009

Intervention

Originally written during the blackout

You think it won’t be enough. But you have to keep trying.
You see it every day. They are still depending on you.

But it’s not enough. You don’t get it. You didn’t know me back then. I’m tired.
None of you get that, I didn’t come here to play the rock star. I came here to escape that.

Oh poor baby. You talk your stories as if you were stilling living them. And what of them. What about that man, cowboy. What is so special you have to run from.

Everything is just moving too fast. My life, tossed off a cliff, I’m flailing to that ground darlin’. I can’t be here and there and every which way they keep pulling me.

Haven’t you figured it out yet? Where did this all begin?

You don’t understand what this is about. I’m breaking girl. I’m not even holding on anymore. I can’t even remember the last time I could sleep sober.

Every year you listen to those words like a church. Listen to them. Don’t you get it, those ghosts you keep going on about, they still talk to you.

You’re not one of them. You do not get to talk about them.

I only have one thing to say to you. Fuck redemption. Fuck damnation. A poet once told me that.

It’s just a line from a movie.

You life is that movie.

You shouldn’t know that. There is no way you could know that.

But I do.

Well aren’t you just full of surprises tonight.

I know you better than you think.

Then tell me, how do we fix this?

It’s time to wake up. You have work to do.

No comments: