Originally written March 3, 2007
As the days are winding down, time begins to move much faster. We are in a freefall now. Everything speeding out of control to the point of...we’ve seen this once before…
The final days of Kansas. Where nothing was within our control, and yet everything fell into place exactly as it had to be.
In Scenes from the Dark Side of the Moon, we asked ourselves by what right did I have to recreate what for what I have done, to bring to life everything we had fashioned on the other side of the world and start anew, right where we had left off. I thought these things just happen to me, that I was special and deserved this life to come to pass once more, that the song will always remain the same. I was wrong.
Nothing about this life occurred back when I felt like destroying something beautiful. In its place I had created something wonderful to behold.
In the lifetime I have lived among these people, anything you can imagine, I can make it happen here. Seductive is that glow. That which compels us to our own lasting Valhalla.
In that moment of clarity I am taken back to my final conversation with the Leprechaun so very long ago, “Treachery is the inevitable result of all affairs.”
There are a great many things that still await me here, and I am not ready to say The Long Goodbye. The last of the salad days never came to us. When all roads lead to us back to Evermore, the fight that keeps me entrenched here.
No comments:
Post a Comment