May 25, 2009

All Things Change Never Rest Never Sure

Originally written October 31, 2005

People do it everyday, they talk to themselves... they see themselves as they'd like to be, they don't have the courage you have, to just run with it.

The things that I want. A victory cigar. A bitter whiskey. For the sun to shine down upon my personal valhalla. To change the past just to see that all roads lead back to today. To avenge what I failed to do. To take a gluttonous pride in what I have achieved. Unlimited ammunition and a licence to kill.

Like before, there is that idea of a Jay McLaughlin. The third year law student, the power playing politician, the professional. The adult. Then there is what lies just beneath the surface. The seventh year college student. The hardcore icon, the big bad. And that submerged character is losing the battle of evermore. We man up, we soldier on, and we be the adult, thats the way this works.

There are routins, patterns, customs that are accepted, that have worked before and are worth delivering again. There is no need to change something that isn't broken. I feel like I have been sleepwalking this same battle for years. The battle of evermore is like trying hold back the tide with a bucket; desire and determination will only get you drowned good and proper.

All things strain
Be they changed
Be they fair
Be they hope
Masked as care
All things change
Never rest, never sure
What is worth
Fighting on for

The tide the is rolling onto the shore. In my mind I fight like no one else but in my actions I look for it to carry me out to sea. The fire is out, that spark, that big bad to get what I want at all costs. All things change, they have to, they don't decide whether they can stay. The ocean is my rug.

The things that I want. The things that I need. And you're fooling yourself if you don't believe it.

No comments: