May 27, 2009

Speak To Me

Originally written January 13, 2006

For awhile there, everything was right with the world. I was where I was supposed to be. The quiet and calm had washed over me like a white ball of healing light. I was recharged, energized, strong enough to face what lies just beneath the surface.

Until that day then...

There is a method to the madness. Something to be gained. Everything that I do, from the first breath of light in the morning to the last of hope in the evening, there is a purpose. There is a plan, an idea of what I suppose will happen. I suppose these things do happen.

I used to believe things had a habit of falling into place for me. At first, it would be mere days before storylines turned complete, where the good would ride off into the sunset and those I would presume guilty would be banished to who knows where. Marriage, Australia, its all the same. After awhile, it became weeks before the end was the beginning of the end. In time, weeks became months. Things have a habit of falling into place, but the timeline has become longer, there are more pitfalls to navigate, forever drama to be reconciled.

On a long enough timeline, the survival rate of everything drops to zero.

Immortality. I fought the battle with reckless abandon. I thought it was over. For what I have done....They will never leave me alone. I will always be haunted by them, for what I have done and for what I have failed to do. They speak to me at night, whisper in my ear the thoughts and promises that drive me the next day. They are the ones that drive me to the endgame, wherever she may be.

I have fought your evils and I have allied with them to bring about the greater good. You bring me a chance, and I will bring you hope. Bring me your legions. I'm calling you out.

No comments: