Originally written July 8, 2006
The world is our oyster.
And I'm going to drink that bitch down with a champagne chaser.
Hong Kong. Waking up in Chicago, you'll find me eleven hours later in the day. For in less than two months from now, I will be a part of the first class ever of law school at The Chinese University of Hong Kong.
Why are you going to opposite side of the world? What are you trying to find? What are you running away from?
I have a bachelors degree. I have a law degree. In a few weeks from now, I will pass the Bar. As the questions keep coming in, why Jay, why are you leaving? What would possess you to leave everything you've accomplished, everyone that loves you, everything that you know, what you are...
Do you want it fine or do you want it perfect? I'm not settling for what I could have. I'm putting my life on the line for what I shouldn't have. The harder I work, the luckier I god damned get. Getting from there to here wasn't easy, don't let the chiseled good looks and flawless hair fool you. You want to settle down? Are you content with what you have, how you've gotten here? Because I'm not content, I'm not going to sit around and allow things to happen anymore, to let it all fall into place. I don't step aside. I step up.
No comments:
Post a Comment