Originally written January 1, 2006
Here's how it was: There was a year of politics taking on the establishment as an outsider with a vengeance. Then I became the establishment. There was a summer of deciding motions on actual cases and writing opinions for a court. Then I somewhat lost my grasp on reality and battled frost giants while being tormented by leprechauns. There was a semester of classes that I should have known better not to take. There was three weeks of some of the most difficult and intensive studying I had ever done. Then I dominated each of the finals. Arrogance would say I have nothing left to prove in Kansas. That I've been the best at what I do and what I do ain't pretty. I've never been short on arrogance.
There is Chicago. There is Kansas. And never between the two shall meet. Until now. There is an idea of a Jay McLaughlin. Some kind of an abstraction. Tough to figure out.
I bring it on myself. But the direction is about to change.
So I leave the New Year's Day post with this: I'm not done yet in Kansas. Not by a longshot.
No comments:
Post a Comment