May 28, 2009

Days of Future Past Part II

Originally written June 22, 2006

In the world I see, we believe in our hearts what we do is right, and no one tells you otherwise. No fear, no consequences, we do only what is intimately necessary to bring about the best of what's around for the one and all. While what I believe brings us closer to everlasting stage conflicts with what you believe gets us there, in my world no one pays quarter to whether one view is more right, whether it is just, moral, or human. For what will lie to us at the end of the tunnel, for the lies we have told along the way. In the world I see, the choices you make are yours to be had, until they get in the way of what I have in store.

My world thrives just outside of what we have come to expect from the red and the black. The choice upon us is the great battle we fight everyday; whether you believe me, whether you trust that once again I will carry all of us through to the end. What we do now, for everything that has happened and everything that has led up to this decision, these days, this test of strength, our lives carry through. Through to the end, through to what matters, to what will determine everything that is who we are and who we will become. I'm the big bad, I work more hours a day than most people are awake, I fight the battle of evermore until I'm lying broken and dead. In the world I see, there's no choice, no decision to be made. You follow what you know. For I am the King and for long may I reign.

No comments: