May 31, 2009

Evermore Reloaded

Originally written August 18, 2006

To live through a dream that I've always had.

I believe there is a part of you that lives out every chance you did not take. That part of you will live on in your subconscious, only to reveal itself in dreams and memories in the days of future past. My dreams take me to the far reaches of what anyone should be able to subconsciously draw upon. It’s never the unknown that lies before me in these visions, because in that moment you choose another path you base that decision on what you foresee, on everything that could have occurred. Whether or not you are right is simply irrelevant, it’s what you allow yourself to believe, the outcome of your missed encounters and estranged familiarity.

You have an infinite timeline for which you travel your life upon. In this perceived reality. What you wake up to is nothing more than the sum of all the opportunities you have forsaken. But what about the chances you did take, the life you have experienced, shouldn't that count for something? These real moments together, for what they were, experiences that add character and context to your dreams. The visions take these infinite timelines and process them into the persona your subconscious believes you to be.

What is life but the acknowledgment of having experienced it. You recognize a moment that occurs in our reality. You recognize a moment that could have occurred but for your desire to prevent it from coming to pass. These recognitions build your timelines, your underlying character, subconsciously directing your choices.

I am made of the challenges that I have taken on. I am made of the battles I have glossed over with a superficial escapism. In our dreams, we are made of both, but our subconscious does not distinguish between who we want to be and who we are by circumstance. Those thoughts you have, those that you try to keep to yourself, will find the light of day eventually. On a long enough timeline, the survival rate of everything drops to zero.

No comments: