May 31, 2009

Reprisal

August 23, 2006

There is just never enough time. Time to find out who you are and where you are meant to be. Time to find the person you love and the time to spend as much of it with them as you can.

I keep getting glimpses at what can be done here, of who could and what will bring me that glow. One after another, these moments are collected, but once that moment in time has passed you can never go back to the way things were.

I have built my own private empire from one coast to the other. I could go anywhere and find someone that I would go to battle for, to where I know I will always have a bed, where I know I always have someone to watch my back. I have spent all this time fighting to create this world. I assumed they would always be there, that when I wake up tomorrow the world will be the same. And over time my attention would become diverted, from one story to another. I tried to play the all sides against the middle, but it took everything I had to keep the balance. There was the red and the black. Time moved faster than what I could manage, there was never enough time to do what needed to be done. I'm no hero, I'm just a guy that tries to get the job done. If I had the time there is so much that could have been done, so much left on the table that I have to walk away from.

You can never go home again. You can spend a lifetime trying to recapture that moment in time. If you can imagine living a lifetime in that moment then do everything you can to make it happen. That moment is not worth losing again and again. Everything I know and everything I am about to be turned upside down. I want to leave believing this world will be waiting for me when I get back. I want to believe, but I know my time is up.

There will never be enough time to make things right, you can never go back to the way it was. Which leaves us with one option, a singular course of action. If we can't go back to the way it was, we have to make it happen in Hong Kong. There's no living in the past, there's no thoughts of the future, there is only what is now and what has to be done. Nothing to hold me back, nothing keep me in check. Where would I have been a year ago if I hadn't been forced to come back to reality? I think we're all about to find out. I'm going to the far east without knowing the language, culture or a single person on that side of the world. I want you to hit me as hard as you can. Its time to bring back that fire burning bright that got me to this point. The only way I will survive is take my game to a different world, no consequences, unrestrained insanity, the mischief and mayhem, you got him right here. I'm the big bad, I know what I have to do now.

No comments: