Originally written July 8, 2005
The leprechaun did something to me. During the night, I awoke in a cold sweat almost gasping for air. The parade, the strange words he parted with, it was a warning. While not as stylish as the Trickster, the leprechaun was mocking me with what I had thought was advise. Instead of fighting the good fight, I had backed off and begun to circle the wagons. He was my mirror, he knew I had accepted what things may come.
The ground wasn't where I thought it would be when I woke up. I had to see the Old Man in the Mountain. His demeanor was off, no longer the pleasant and inviting, but cold and impersonal. He had changed as well. "Wake up." There was a purpose in his voice. "For the travel is long and the destination is under siege. The journey must begin again."
There was a time when I could dismiss these words without a second thought. But I've seen too much, its a different world now. There are new battles to be fought, within and on the horizon. Evermore cannot be allowed to fall. Weapons in hand, flask by my side, we go for a ride. The path to Mohr is long, let me fill you in on where we have come from, and where we are going from here.
No comments:
Post a Comment