Originally written July 20, 2005
In the world I see - you are stalking elk through the damp canyon forests around the ruins of Rockefeller Center. You'll wear leather clothes that will last you the rest of your life. You'll climb the wrist-thick kudzu vines that wrap the Sears Tower. And when you look down, you'll see tiny figures pounding corn, laying strips of venison on the empty car pool lane of some abandoned superhighway.
When taking into account the sheer amount of insanity one needs to go through in order to come to this point in life, I've quickly realized that I am happily aware of my current loss of higher brain function and grasp on reality. Happily aware in that its a good sign that when I sit here and see leprechauns during the day and have dreams about, well, things that explode, I am at least noticing something is left of kosher these days. But fear not true believers, for that is just Jay, the best at what he does. For the tales of mischief and mayhem need to be told, if not for the first time, then for one last time around. Its two weeks till last call for Kansas.
No comments:
Post a Comment