May 26, 2009

Dazed and Confused

Originally written December 15, 2005

To live the dreams we've always had.

Never in my 19 years of academia have I had to study so endlessly and prepare more difficult material than for today's five hour securities regulation opus. I'm only here to drink beer and kick ass, and I'm almost out of beer.

Can you believe this? Five semesters down, one freaking semester left of school. All I need to take is a mind blowing slacker load of 10 credits. And then I'll be a lawyer, minus that whole bar exam thing. But the Battle of Evermore won't see the bar. Rebirth and dissolution. One last time.

Do I go home to Chicago and find the job that turns me into the American Psycho image that most people have me pegged for eventually?
Do I leave the north behind and stay in Kansas, to work in Kansas City and build on what I have here?
What about politics, is this really "last call" for the big bad political machine, or do we find another sandbox to play in?

We fight the battle of evermore, the frost giants and leprechauns have nothing on us. For when you want something, dare to be great. What the past few weeks have brought down, we're back, better than ever before.

No comments: