May 25, 2009

Here and There and Back Again

Originally written August 18, 2005

As my favorite band Traffic would have us believe, "if you had just a minute to breathe, and they granted you one final wish, would ask for something, like another chance."

Been away from the confessional from awhile. Forgive me.

Car accident. The largest pickup truck I have ever seen decided to run me down. Deer rack on the front bumper, flood lamps in the bed, and there must have been a gun rack in there too. As I went spinning through the intersection, I kept waiting for life flashing before my eyes moment. Never came. By starlight it never appeared.

So we have Kansas left. Last Call. What a way to welcome the big bad back home, so to speak. Let assume this foreshadows something. Every action is a positive action, even if it has a negative reaction. A car accident. That whole affair with the police the other night. We're back kids, last call for the fighting Irishman. And I promise it'll be an adventure to the bitter end.

No comments: