June 6, 2006
Nothing worth bragging about ever comes easy.
The final semester of law school turned out to be by far my best semester of law school. My dad put it the best, great job waiting until it didn't matter to pull that one off.
Two weeks into the Bar review class, with the highlights of the early years flashing by in that alcohol induced coma of an apartment with me and the airman.
For months the inevitable confrontation drew closer, and that slumbering fire inside me started burning like funeral pyre. The closer the day drew near, the more I worked myself into a rage. Plans darting through my mind, only taking a moment to acknowledge that most people would have moved on, most people would have let it go. I've seldom been confused with most people. And yet, for all the best laid plans, that part of me was cheated out of the moment three years in the making. Whether it was meant to happen, or karma served me up to the gallows, the confrontation simply no longer has the potential for occurring.
I'm the best at what I do and what I do would have been a story to brag about for the ages. The passion and the rage standing alone were enough topple mountains. Spilling over into my waking world, for what I was consumed by, whether I consciously wanted to be or not, I am released from its hold. I know I could keep fighting this battle, to find that outlet, but just like politics there was a time and a place to twist the knife. That time has passed. I won that battle, I've won every day since then. I don't need one more ounce of satisfaction for what has been done. My girls Justice and Karma danced their hearts out to this song.
But there are stories to be told, and songs to be sung in the bars for years to come. With one more battle buried, its time I got back to the plan, the one constant theme running through every part of my life two decades in the making. I'm back.
No comments:
Post a Comment