Originally written January 7, 2005
And it is in the humble opinion of this narrator that strange things happen all the time. And so it goes, and so it goes. And the book says, "We may be through with the past, but the past ain't through with us."
Not all things have a habit of falling into place for me. That entire self motivational entry several months ago was for naught. Nothing can be taken from it, nothing has been earned. So where do we go from here?
The last of the salad days. No excuses, no quarter. Five months between where we are now and everything that is Valhalla, but for five months we get to remain obscured by clouds. Priceless. Bring on your leprechauns, those little bitter demons running about in my dreams. I thought it was out of control, I thought I couldn't stop them. But I was always in control. I beat you once you old dog and I'll beat you once again. No excuses. This is the last of the salad days, when all things are wrapped up. Over a decade in the making and every storyline will be accounted for. There will be days of reckoning by the likes of which you have never seen before. Not fade away.
No comments:
Post a Comment