Originally written November 16, 2005
And now for something completly different.
You know who gets it? Joyce. After the age of high school, nothing that happens to us is new. Its just an adult variation of some sort of messed up high school drama. Joyce gets it. Nothing is wrong, nothing lasts forever. And. This. Too. Shall. Pass.
I sit here on the eve of the big 2-5, listening to people say that its a big moment. The fact that I made it through the early years of living in Kansas alone, that an accomplishment. Ruining the political careers and aspirations of countless people in the past year, that's an accomplishment. Rocking out law school, oh yeah. 25 is nothing. I bet you I could even make it to 30 if I wanted to.
What else to do about it. As I sit here, I am at my best and my worst. So I walk upon high and step to the edge to see my world below. And I laugh to myself, while tears roll down, cause its the world I know. Keep the Bolivian army marching. There is no hidden meaning, there is no symbolism that will give us a better appreciation of life. What is...is. Its complicated, its confusing and stressful, and its nothing compared to the drama we all faced at 15. Everything happens for a reason.
I'm the big bad, I can dodge bullets. There is nothing that I cannot do.
No comments:
Post a Comment