May 27, 2009

Shatterstar

Originally written January 15, 2006

In the recent weeks, I've come face to face with a sudden realization that I have lost control of whatever powers I have been able to flaunt over the past few years. Signs point to the possibility I blew the entire stockpile on the campaign and election last year, because lets be honest here kids, there was some kind of unholy power working for me to pull that sucker off.

Long ago, the leprechauns would appear out of nowhere, they would drop into my lap and cause the problems and heroics we are used to. There would be no explanation, no warning, no temptation. Its not enough for myself or them to wait for the mischief to just show up. We've played that game for too long, and any lessons that could have been gleamed have been taken and reflected upon. And in that I have learned the lesson of how to create the mischief and mayhem for one and all. Hey umpire, that man has a horse in his pocket. Why does everything look like noodles? The brain don't need blood, only need to keep in wet.

Perspective. When one act ends another's play begins. Same characters, different objectives, same objectives, different results. The difference is every road will lead to the same destination, every storyline will be resolved by ragnarock, one way or another. This paints our hero into a corner though. If all things change, and everything must be resolved by a certain date, then what happens that next day. Where do we go from there?

Whirl yourself around just to fall back down. If this is truly the end, if everything now is building up to the true ragnarock, then let this be a lesson to me. There are stories left to be told. Have you ever thought about how its all going to end for you? I do everyday. There is an idea of what is to come. How I want to go out. Its not often you can write the story that will be told in pubs for decades to come, how you'll be remembered. For better or for worse, the stories have to be told, and in one way or another I have to tell someone.

I have to find the Leprechaun. I have to make a confession.

No comments: